Sunday, April 3, 2011

And the Beer Days are Over

As I sit here studying for my surgery final tomorrow I hear Florence and the Machine "And the Dog Days are Over," which inspired the title - the beer days are over - much to my chagrin.  1 week ago, I decided to stop denying it and take the plunge to gluten-free.  First degree relative, autoimmune disorder, adult acne (ahh i admit) are all linked to gluten so apparently a gluten-free diet can correct the adult acne and improve autoimmune disorder.  We shall see first hand.

I kicked and screamed and swore like a sailor, I WILL NOT CHANGE MY DIET! - Says the former Dietitian who would complain - "no one listens to my suggestions, why are they asking for my opinion and help!"  In a matter of 16 hours I went through 4 of the 5 stages of change. 

I've created this blog to share recipes I have tweaked to gluten free, share some laughs, some links to my favorite things online, and whatever else I decide to share.  Expect a lot about my loveness monster aka Fiona Friday - my Bugg.

I hope yall enjoy!

Leen


First recipe I tried was Lemon Rosemary Turkey Meatballs - I love EatingWell Magazine and I prepare at least 75% of the recipes from each month.  This one I changed the flour to cornstarch since it was only for binding the balls and to thicken the sauce. For every 2tbsp of Flour = 1 Tbsp Cornstarch.  Then bought some gluten-free panko breadcrumbs.  I served with Quinoa pasta and steamed spinach with balsamic vinegar, S&P. Voila!

I'm a sucker for porcelain measuring spoons.  Like and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment